compensation: Vary based on qualifications of applicant. employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Premier Group of Companies is a leader in the Specialty Insurance field. Our people are committed to performance, positive outcomes, and career development that lead to mutual success for our organization and its clients. If you believe in a job well done, then consider the following:
DEPARTMENT/LOCATION: Vancouver - Head Office
POSITION: Assistant Director - Claims
• In this position you will be supporting and collaborating with the Director of Claims in all aspects of workflow / management & development of claims examiners.
• This includes handling claims files of high complexity (including but not limited to professional liability, environmental liability, construction and specialty commercial liability).
• This may also include some travel to attend mediations across Canada and or US.
The main responsibilities are:
• Mentoring the Claims examiners in claims handling practices; assisting the Claims team with policy interpretation and coverage questions.
• Working in conjunction with leadership team to foster an environment of excellent customer service quality and integrity;
• Monitor employee performance, training and development needs. Works with employees to build development objectives to ensure the progressive development of employees and the achievement of current and future objectives; Assist with the onboarding and training of new claims team members;
• Working in conjunction with teams and supporting carriers; to foster a seamless referral environment;
• Effectively communicates and implements changes pertaining to workflows
• Ensures compliance with claims and corporate guidelines, standards and procedures by assisting in conducting regular audits of claims examiners;
• Ensure high-quality customer service is delivered to the policyholders and brokers;
• Works with a high degree of autonomy and maintains continual personal development in the areas of people management, leadership and claims handling;
• All other related tasks.
• Minimum 10 years of claims experience, with thorough understanding of property and casualty insurance industry
• Leadership - identifies and seeks opportunities for growth with both internal & external teams;
• Ability to work in Team environment
• Collaborative - appreciates the value of engaging others and listening to other opinions and advice. Supports team through consistent and thoughtful mentorship;
• Self-motivated - embraces the opportunity to be involved in a variety of projects
• Accountable - takes responsibility for decisions and actions.
• Strong analytical, problem solving skills, and confidence in decision making;
• Strong computer skills (including working knowledge of Microsoft Office products)
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in insurance related discipline
• Chartered Insurance Professional (CIP) designation or higher;
Vary based on qualifications of applicant.
Founded in 1990, Premier Group of Companies is Head quartered in Vancouver. Premier Group has branch locations in Toronto, London, Laval, San Diego, Seattle, and a subsidiary company in Santa Rosa California, with over 130 employees. Premier Group of Companies includes Premier Canada, Premier Marine, and Oceanic. Visit our website for more information on our company and the various specialty insurance products we offer - www.premiergroup.ca
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should submit their cover letter and resume outlining their qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest. However, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers