Are you passionate about social change? Can you run the back end of an organization like a well-oiled machine? Got mad communications skills?
We are looking for an exceptionally organized individual committed to popular education and youth activism to join our small but mighty team! If you believe in what we do and looking for a challenging and rewarding career in a youth-driven non-profit organization, we want to hear from you.
Check Your Head: the Youth Global Education Network is a youth-driven not-for-profit organization founded in 1999 and based in Vancouver, British Columbia, on unceded Coast Salish territories. Our mission is to educate, activate, and empower young people to engage in social, environmental and economic justice movements and to create a more equitable, democratic and sustainable future. Our main activities include workshops, training, supporting youth-led action, and engaging youth volunteers. For more information visit www.checkyourhead.org
Type of Position: Permanent, full time (35 hours/week)
Start Date: June 25, 2018 Compensation: Starting at $42,000/year + extended benefits package
Perks: Professional development opportunities, monthly 1 zone bus pass, flexible work hours
Office Location: Fraser St and Broadway at the Broadway Youth Resource Centre
Our Organizational Culture: Collaborative, passionate, curious, reflective, nurturing, adaptive
Reporting to the Executive Director, you will be responsible for coordinating all aspects of operations within the organization.
• Provide administrative support to the Board of Directors, Executive Director, and other team members as required
• Coordinate all aspects of financial management, reporting, bookkeeping, accounting, payroll and benefits administration
• Set up, manage and streamline daily operations and systems (financial and records filing, internal and external communications, CRM, etc.)
• Support and troubleshoot computer and communication technology
• Develop and monitor annual organizational and project budgets
• Develop and write grant applications and reports to the funders
• Assist bookkeeper and Board Treasurer with statutory filing
• Ensure timely and accurate compliance reporting and statutory requirements are met
• Assist in the development and support the implementation of all aspects of the organizational fundraising strategy
• Liaise with third party service providers
• Supervise office volunteers
• 3-5 years of experience in operations, fundraising, and office administration, preferably in the non-profit sector
• Interest and commitment to social, economic and environmental justice, as well as the principles of anti-oppression and decolonization from an intersectional approach
• Superior organizational skills with the ability to multi-task, prioritize workloads, and meet deadlines
• Excellent financial and data management skills
• Experience with fundraising, donor relations and fund development
• Experience with QuickBooks Online, PressPoint, WordPress, and/or ability and willingness to learn new software
• Ability to balance work in a collaborative, fast-paced and team-oriented environment with meeting independent goals and targets
• Strong problem solving and communication skills, a creative mindset and the ability to work under pressure
• Established self-care practice
Check Your Head is an equal opportunity employer that encourages people of colour, indigenous individuals, newcomers and immigrants, members of the LGBTQ2+ community, people of all genders and abilities, and members of other underrepresented communities to apply.
The closing date for applications is June 6, 2018, 9 am. Please email your application as one PDF file to in the following format:
Containing Cover letter and Resume outlining relevant skills and experience
We want to thank everyone who applies for this position in advance. Only successful applicants will be contacted for interviews taking place during the week of June 11, so please no follow up calls or agencies. The successful candidate will be required to complete a criminal record check.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers
OK to highlight this job opening for persons with disabilities