Are you passionate about social change? Is youth education and empowerment important to you? Are you a people person skilled in leadership and organization?
We are looking for an exceptionally organized individual committed to popular education and youth activism to join our small but mighty team! If you believe in what we do and looking for a challenging and rewarding career in a youth-driven non-profit organization, we want to hear from you.
Check Your Head: the Youth Global Education Network is a youth-driven not-for-profit organization founded in 1999 and based in Vancouver, British Columbia, on unceded Coast Salish territories. Our mission is to educate, activate, and empower young people to engage in social, environmental and economic justice movements and to create a more equitable, democratic and sustainable future. Our main activities include workshops, training, supporting youth-led action, and engaging youth volunteers. For more information visit www.checkyourhead.org
Type of Position:
Permanent, full time (35 hours/week)
Start Date: June 25, 2018
Compensation: Starting at $42,000/year + extended benefits package
Perks: Professional development opportunities, monthly 1 zone bus pass, flexible work hours
Office Location: Fraser St and Broadway at the Broadway Youth Resource Centre
Our Organizational Culture: Collaborative, passionate, curious, reflective, nurturing, adaptive
This position reports to the Executive Director and is responsible for coordinating all aspects of planning, administering, monitoring and evaluating our education program.
• Developing and delivering workshops, educational resources, and activities
• Recruiting, training, supporting and mentoring youth peer educators
• Booking and organizing workshops, presentations and events
• Fostering relationships with stakeholders including youth, teachers, team members, contractors, and organizational partners
• Driving outreach and promotion
• Implementing monitoring and evaluation plan
• Managing projects and budgets
• Recruiting and supervising youth volunteers
• Supporting fundraising and fund development as needed
• 3-5 years of program management and coordination experience in educational/nonprofit/community services
• Strong interest and passion for social, economic and environmental justice
• Working knowledge and commitment to the principles of anti-oppression and decolonization from an intersectional approach
• Highly organized with excellent attention to detail and the ability to manage several responsibilities at the same time
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Workshop facilitation and curriculum development training and/or experience
• Experience engaging and supporting diverse youth ages 13-30 in groups and one-on-one
• Working knowledge of monitoring and evaluation principles and methods
• Ability to balance work in a collaborative, team-oriented and fast-paced environment with meeting independent goals and targets
• Strong problem-solving skills, a creative mindset and the ability to work under pressure
• Established self-care practice
Check Your Head is an equal opportunity employer that encourages people of colour, indigenous individuals, newcomers and immigrants, members of the LGBTQ2+ community, people of all genders and abilities, and members of other underrepresented communities to apply.
The closing date for applications is June 6, 2018, 9 am. Please email your application as one PDF file in the following format:
Containing a Cover letter & Resume outlining relevant skills and experience
We want to thank everyone who applies for this position in advance. Only successful applicants will be contacted for interviews taking place during the week of June 11, so please no follow up calls or agencies. The successful candidate will be required to complete a criminal record check.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers