compensation: Dependent on experience employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
BYU Design, an award-winning firm specializing in multi-unit residential located in Vancouver BC, is seeking a Senior registered interior designer to join our team. The ideal candidate is a person who can manage and lead projects, work independently and creatively, and who is a perfectionist in contract documentation and administration. Key strengths include communication, time management, team motivation and leadership, and have excellent knowledge of the Building Code.
Key responsibilities include:
• Professionally and knowledgably communicate with clients.
• Management of projects throughout programming to contract administration phases.
• Providing mentorship and direction to junior and support staff.
• Preparing and reviewing drawings, documentation, and specification information.
• Managing contract administration including addendums, site instructions, change orders etc.
• Attend consultant and site meetings.
• Leading the design team throughout the process of a project.
• Minimum 7 years full time experience in an interior design position (note: multi-unit residential experience is considered an asset but not a requirement).
• Degree or diploma from an interior design program.
• Current NCIDQ certificate holder.
• Proficient in AutoCAD, MS Word, Excel, Publisher, and Outlook, and Adobe
• You must love dogs - we have 2 in the office!
If you are looking to be part of a creative, respected, and great team, please submit a cover letter and resume in PDF format, and a sample of your portfolio attention to Deborah Day, Design Studio Lead at email@example.com . Only those who meet our qualifications will be contacted.
We are looking to fill the position ASAP!
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers