compensation: Dependent on experience employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
BYU Design, an award winning firm specializing in multi-unit residential located in Vancouver BC, is seeking an intermediate interior designer to join our dynamic team. The ideal candidate will be able to work independently or part of a Project Team. They will have the ability to think creatively, and is a perfectionist in contract documentation and administration. They are highly organized and are a strong & clear communicator. They can take a design brief, and run with it!
Key responsibilities include:
- Work on a variety of projects through all phases of design from programming, concept development, design development, contract documentation, to contract administration phases.
- Being a mentor and providing direction to junior and support staff.
- Preparing drawings, documentation, and specification information. Special emphasis on both conceptual and detailed construction drawings.
- Managing contract administration including addendums, site instructions, change orders, and the like.
- Attend consultant and site meetings, and preparing meeting minutes and site review documents.
- From time to time, overtime may be required which will be compensated.
- A sound knowledge of interior construction details is expected.
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the BC Building Code.
- At MINIMUM, an Interior Design Degree plus 3 years full time experience as an interior designer, OR a 2 year Interior Design Diploma plus 4 years full time experience as an interior designer. Experience in Multi-Unit Residential projects is considered an exceptional asset. Strong Commercial Design background will also be considered. Those with more experience will be considered.
- Eligible to write the NCIDQ exam.
- Current knowledge of the BC Building Code.
- Completely proficient in AutoCAD, MS Word, Excel, Publisher, SketchUp, and Outlook, and very familiar with Adobe Acrobat.
- An interest or demonstrated knowledge in LEED or sustainability guidelines.
- You must love dogs - we have 2 resident pups in the office!
If you are looking to be part of a creative, respected, and great team, please submit a cover letter and resume in PDF format, and a sample of your portfolio attention to Deborah Day, Design Studio Lead at email@example.com . Only those who meet our qualifications will be contacted.
We are looking to fill the position ASAP!
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers