compensation: TBD based on skill set and experience employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
BOCCI is seeking an Industrial Designer to join the Product Development team at the Vancouver headquarters.
BOCCI is a Canadian manufacturer with a growing portfolio of contemporary design. With headquarters in Vancouver and a satellite company in Berlin, BOCCI operates as a cooperative community of designers, architects, craftspeople, technicians, agents, governance bodies, testing facilities, raw material suppliers and fine shops. We strive for a healthy, flexible and stable network united by the goal of creating and delivering extraordinary objects.
We are looking for a full time Industrial Designer who is a super organized, multi-talented individual with a high level of attention to detail. The chosen candidate would be working along with a team of designers, product developers and experimenters taking care of such duties as:
• Creating technical drawings intended for production of mass produced products, quality control & inspection reports
• Assisting the design team to execute prototypes
• Researching new materials, components and suppliers
• Physically installing temporary, prototype lighting fixtures
• Assisting the design team with general organization and tasks on the fly
• Excellent visualization skills in various mediums, 2D and 3D space including: Hand Sketching, physical model and maquette making, 3D modeling & rendering (CAD), Technical/engineering drawings (CAD)
• Strong knowledge of production and manufacturing methods including die casting, sand casting, injection moulding, glass blowing, CNC machining and laser cutting
• Familiarity with a broad range of materials and an understanding of their properties as related to component or product design
• Knowledge of testing plans and internal processes to measure product quality and evaluate results to identify functional deficiencies in order to resolve pre and post production issues.
• High attention to detail
• Extremely organized and efficient work practices
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
• Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
• Strong mechanical aptitude
• Able to handle pressure and work under tight deadlines
• Excellent and efficient research skills
• Valid to work in Canada
• Minimum 3 years with SolidWorks: (solid modeling, surface modeling, orthographic drawing, asset management)
• Minimum 3 years with Adobe Creative Suites: (Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign)
• Rhinoceros 3D
• Basic autoCAD knowledge
• Knowledge or experience working with suppliers and quoting process
• Project management experience
If this sounds like a good fit, please reply to this posting with the subject: Industrial Designer Position.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers