compensation: $18/ hour - compensation is dependent on experience / skill set employment type: part-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Busy high-end furniture retail showroom & warehouse (7500 s.f.) in Vancouver is in need of a mature, experienced self-directed / managed showroom helper for local furniture in-home deliveries to assist in overall maintenance of furniture showroom / warehouse.
Specific duties include:
- in home local furniture deliveries (Wed & Saturday)
- assist in moving furniture for ongoing showroom merchandising
- removing garbage from warehouse placing in bins outside
- removing garbage from cash desk and office, sorting for paper recycling
- cleaning of bathroom once per week / sink / toilet / floor / back splash / replenishing towels, soap dispenser etc.
- sweeping / power washing front south -facing customer entrance and back parking lot showroom
- sweeping and organizing work room area / warehouse / storage / office area/
- showroom vacuuming, dusting and cleaning glass table tops and lighting
- washing of showroom floor and stage
- mounting and maintaining lighting / on-going replacing bulbs
- cleaning interior & exterior of delivery van and ensuring van maintenance - washing/ gas /oil / oil change/ fluids / tune-up
- packaging and unpacking of furniture
- furniture cleaning, oiling and light assembly
- hanging or mounting showroom lighting and artwork
- hanging or mounting promotional materials
- web site photography, photo editing (iPhoto / Photoshop and web posting)
Position is permanent part time
- 20+ hrs per week - specific work days are Wednesday, Thursday or Friday, Saturday from 11am to 6pm.
Ideal person must be:
- mature, self-directed, self-managed to complete specified daily tasks
- physically agile and fit with strong back to lift up to 50 lbs
- adaptable, organized, focused
- possess creative outlook sensibilities, photography skills - interest in furniture / decor helps
- basic iPhoto or Photoshop skills and able to use computer to post product images to website.
- ability to use basic power tools with ease, handy
Non-smoker, well groomed / presentable (for in-house deliveries) with a pleasant, professional demeanour and fluent in English. Must have a work record of being dependable and reliable.
To apply for this position, you are legally able to work in CANADA and have clean driver's abstract and hold valid BC drivers licence.
Work references will be required prior to hiring.
This position is ideal for a mature student or someone wanting to supplement their monthly income.
Send your application and/or resume by email or deliver direct showroom.
Position is available immediately.
1545 West 4th Ave
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers