Mid-Main Community Health Centre's Medical Clinic is a busy, dynamic medical clinic that uses interdisciplinary teams and technology to provide high quality, comprehensive care to our patients. The Medical Office Assistant works in a supportive capacity with other members of the medical clinic team. As an MOA, you will work collaboratively with other medical staff and health care providers to ensure that our patients receive high quality care.
• Answer phones and triage/screen as appropriate
• Book, cancel and move patient appointments
• Receive and room patients
• Clean and prepare exam rooms with necessary supplies and equipment required before appointments
• Process lab results, including downloading of results and electronic linking of medical records
• Process requisitions and referrals
• Process EMR (Electronic Medical Records) message requests
• Process mail, scanning, filling and to-do bin
• Prepare lab work
• Order supplies
• Process immunization records and prescription refills
• Work collaboratively and communicate with other staff and supervisor to ensure effective patient care and smoothly run clinics
• Participate in staff, medical clinic and other meetings as required
• Adhere to all privacy policies and procedures
• Experience with Oscar required
• Basic computer skills
• Courteous phone manner
• Friendly and people-oriented
• Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment
• Must have flexible schedule and be able to work evenings and weekends
• Second language(s) an asset
• Experience in a community-based health care organization an asset
• Please reply to job posting with resume and cover letter detailing interest and availability.
Email resume and cover letter to email address provided or fax to 604-875-8790, attention Medical Office Administrator.
No phone calls please, only those shortlisted will be contacted.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers