What Sets You Apart
You believe that the right people make all the difference. Your business acumen, communications skills and solutions focus helps you accomplish important operational goals while your influence helps get things done through people. You demonstrate leadership through your innovative ideas and day-to-day actions. You appreciate the details as much as the bigger picture.
What Sets Us Apart
Five Star offers full building maintenance, building management, concierge, caretaker and janitorial services tailored to fit the unique needs of our customers. We are the behind-the-scenes team who help make properties shine. We have a solid team of hard working employees who have made us an industry leader.
The Human Resources Coordinator performs day-to-day human resources administration and works closely with management to deliver company programs.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Works closely with management to identify, target and attract high quality candidates to the recruitment pipeline
• Sorts, reviews and manages the candidates and application flow.
• Provides the initial screening, schedules interviews, and participates in the hiring process.
• Assists with staff reference checks and criminal records checks.
• Conducts new employee orientation and onboarding.
• Prepares new hire paperwork, creates employee file and employment documentation.
• Keeps employee records up-to-date by processing employee status changes in a timely and accurate manner.
• Prepares and presents employee-related documentation, warning/ disciplinary letters, termination letters, etc.
• Proactively collects and analyzes HR data, formulates regular and adhoc reports, and makes solution-based recommendations.
• Coordinates employee performance reviews with managers.
• Issues, monitors and reconciles inventory of keys, company uniforms, cell phone and other company property for employees.
• Conducts exit interviews and tracks feedback.
• Assists with payroll, ROE's/ T4 documentation, WorkSafe reporting and regulatory administration.
• Acts as the back-up payroll administrator when required.
• Assists with the development and maintenance of all human resources policies and procedures ensuring compliance with relevant standards and legislation; and delivers appropriate training and support to the management team to encourage compliance.
• Administers and coordinates all employee benefits programs including extended health/dental, employee referrals, and other company-related plans
• Conducts monthly review of employee 6-month (30 hours) eligibility for benefits coverage.
• Processes enrollment with extended health care provider, coordinates employee-related communications and answers benefits questions.
• Manages new enrollment and termination administration in conjunction with payroll (deductions); and ensures monthly statements are reconciled in a timely and accurate manner.
Employee Relations and Communications
• Assists management Team in addressing employee concerns and proactively resolves workplace issues.
• Assists in the planning and execution of company/ employee events such as job fairs, annual holiday party, seasonal celebrations, etc.
• Undertakes special adhoc projects as required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• 3+ years of Human Resources experience, preferably with a focus on recruitment or benefits/payroll administration, or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
• Payroll and benefits experiences; and knowledge of Ceridian software is an asset
• Additional studies in Human Resources Management or progressive hands-on HR experience a plus
• Strong background in administration is an asset
• High proficiency in Office software, especially Excel spreadsheets/ functions
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Strong working knowledge of provincial employment standards and government regulations
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills including solid business writing ability
• Highly approachable personality with good listening skills
• Customer service focused regarding internal and external exchanges
• Team player who works well in a fast-paced environment
• Strong attention to detail and problem-solving skills
• Exceptional organization skills, ability to multi-task and prioritize work
• Maintains professional manner by using judgment, discretion and confidentiality
Interested candidates should send us a cover letter and resume.
We thank all candidates for applying. Please note we do read all applications but will only respond to those we shortlist for interviews. We wish you all the best of luck in your job search
do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers