compensation: excellent pay and benefits employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Kids in Paradise
Looking for ECE and ECE with Infant and Toddler Certifications
Children are our greatest asset. The program we offer is fun, exciting, stimulating and designed to challenge your child in all areas of development - physical, social, emotional and intellectual.
At Kids In Paradise we strongly believe in the importance and value of play, where children learn through a variety of concrete, hands-on, sensory experiences. Research has shown that play is the best "exercise for the brain" because it provides the most appropriate stimulus for brain development. Therefore, an optimal learning environment for young children is one that is child-centered, child-initiated, and play-based in order to promote the development of the whole child. Our age-appropriate programming strives to develop imagination, encourage learning and promote positive life skills and values - essential building blocks in helping your children develop to their greatest potential.
You will have strengths in:
• Guiding and caring for a group of children (6 months - 12 years of age)
• Ensuring a safe and healthy environment for children
• Planning and implementing activities and experiences for the children in the various programs
• Maintaining positive relationships with the children, parents and families
• Have a positive attitude
• Be energetic, enthusiastic, motivated and well organized
• Have well developed interpersonal skills, including oral and written communication
• Be a team player, but also able to work independently
• Have the ability to work flexible hours if needed
• Be able to participate in an active program (go on outings, field trips etc.)
• Be able to maintain the confidentiality of families, children and staff
• ECE certification (full ECE license or Infant/Toddler certification)
• First Aid training and current certification
• Clear Criminal Record check
• Record of Immunization
• 3 references
This position may require the candidate to work in all areas of the daycare (Infant/Toddler, 3 - 5 year olds and the Out of School Care program).
Driving to/from local preschools and elementary schools may be required.
Terms of Employment:
• Full time position (working Monday - Friday, 40 hours per week)
• Hours will be flexible, but will include later shifts working until 5:30 or 6:00
• Wage will be based on experience and education
• Benefits available after 6 months employment
o Two weeks paid vacation
o Sick days
o RRSP up to 5% matched
o Help with Tuition Fees for Early Childhood Education
• Starting: August 2018
We thank all candidates for applying but we will only be contacting those that meet all of the required qualifications for an interview.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers