compensation: $14 to start with possible raise if extended employment type: contract
QR Code Link to This Post
Looking for a dynamic research/admin assistant to help me across my two companies on a contract/freelance basis. It will be a guaranteed minimum of 20 hours (possibly more) for three months with the possibility of extension.
This is a unique role in that the ideal candidate is part creative, and part bookworm/paper-and-pen type person. The work will primarily involve a lot of online research but also lot of visual and creative input as well, on top of administrative tasks.
- Attention to detail
- Highly organized
- Social media and tech savvy
- Has a passion/knack for research and digging deep
- Interested in everything or "in the know" - from politics, history, pop culture, etc
- Must have great note-taking abilities and keep track of the work they've done i.e. paper trails
- Able to show initiative.
Preferred but not required:
- Has experience with licensing material or knowledge about copyrights
- Able to think outside the box to find information
- An interest in film/TV/photography
- Ability or interest in creative writing
- Good with Microsoft office - able to replicate documents on MS Word and follow the format, knows how to use Excel with intermediate knowledge
- Generally good in writing and can do light editing and cleaning up of text
- New graduates are welcomed to apply
- Willing to consider someone just starting out or who just graduated high school if they live near the Steveston area.
You can apply a couple of ways. I always appreciate a resume/CV with a professional cover letter. In addition, this job requires someone who is aware of current trends and has a knack for everything. If you have a public social media profile that you think can showcase this, please feel free to send over a link as well!
When applying please indicate:
- Availability (hours/days available, etc).
- If there is the option for you to do full time hours.
- Open to some personal tasks if needed.
To give you an idea of timeline, I am hoping to meet in person once a week for the first 3-4 weeks in Steveston, Richmond for about four hours (paid) for training, and then it will likely switch over to the regular 20 hours/week and that can be done remotely with possibly occasional in-person meetings. This will put the anticipated start date (after training) about mid-October.
The rate will be $14 for the first 3 months with possibility of raise if extended.
Richmond preferred but open to the right candidate, above all.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers