Crown Packaging is an integrated manufacturer and marketer of corrugated cartons and sheets, printed paper wraps and wallboard tape.
We have built a strong and loyal customer base by developing and nurturing strategic partnership style relationships. We are the premiere corrugated packaging company in Western Canada. Our state-of-the-art manufacturing facility in Richmond, BC works seamlessly with our sales offices and distribution centres in Kelowna, Calgary and Edmonton to provide outstanding products and services to over 900 customers throughout the region.
Crown Packaging is dedicated to providing an engaging and positive work environment. Many of our employees have enjoyed working for Crown Packaging for the greater part of their careers; we have many employees with 20, 25, 30, even 35 years of service.
We currently have an opening for a permanent, full time Junior/Intermediate Graphic Designer to join our Creative Team. This role reports directly to the Services Manager and liaises with Customers, Sales, Customer Service, Technical and Production staff on new and revised corrugated packaging.
• Create new or manipulate supplied art into production ready files
• May include colour and photographic adjustments
• Reviewing and proofing team art files prior to ordering plates
• Order print plates
• Liaise with external design groups and print plate suppliers
• Attend press checks
• Mac based computer skills and related industry software
• Minimum 2-3 years' experience with Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop and Acrobat)
• Successful completion of a post-secondary degree in Graphic Design
• Experience with flexographic printing would be a significant asset
• Excellent communication skills and ability to work well within a team environment
• Experience in Brand focused packaging design would be an asset
This position offers a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer, and as such, will review all qualified applicated for this posted position. If you feel you would be a good fit for this role, please apply and place Graphics Designer in the subject line.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Those selected to be interviewed will be asked to submit a portfolio with 5 designs related to print.
Please note, our location is not situated near public transit, applicants must have their own vehicle.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers