ADESA Canada is the country's largest wholesale vehicle auction and remarketing services company. ADESA provides state-of-the art facilities and technologies to help dealers and consignors buy and sell used cars, trucks, RVs, boats, motorcycles and heavy equipment.
Located in Richmond, BC ADESA Vancouver is one of ADESA Canada's 14 wholesale vehicle auctions that are located across Canada, coast to coast and the employer of choice in the Canadian automotive remarketing industry. If you are a self- driven, creative thinker that strives for excellence, has the ability to work in a very fast paced environment and loves change, then we want to talk to you!
We are seeking a Human Resources Generalist to cover for a Maternity/Parental Leave. Reporting to the Human Resources Manager, this position will be for approximately 14 - 16 months. As this is a fixed-term, contacted role, there are no company paid Extended Health Benefits. The ideal candidate will be familiar with full cycle recruitment, comfortable with change, thrives in a non-structured environment and loves to be challenged everyday. This is a demanding role and recruitment will be the primary focus of this position. Someone that navigate an HRIS program would be beneficial. This position is highly administrative.
Hours are subject to change but essentially are: Monday - Friday 08:00 - 16:30. Some evenings may be required as the business needs.
- Provide consultative services to management team and all employees in the areas of human resources (benefits, employee relations, health and safety, training, recruitment and compensation) by responding to inquires in accordance with ADESA's values.
- Ensure employees and managers follow proper company policies, procedures and payroll reporting requirements.
- Following up with and ensuring the proper documentation is delivered in order to complete various HR and payroll tasks
- Responsible for ensuring Employee's timecards are completed and signed off each week in KRONOS. Maintaining Employee's profiles in KRONOS for accuracy.
- Responsible for coordinating the internal and external recruitment process by creating job postings via Workday, placing newspaper advertisements, screening resumes and conducting interviews.
- Responsible for on-boarding the new employee via Workday.
- Ensure all new employees fill out the proper company forms and provide training on company policies and procedures.
- Support Leadership team as needed in employee relations issues
- Any other duties assigned by manager.
- Post Secondary diploma in a HR-related discipline or equivalent
- Minimum 2 years related HR Generalist experience
- Minimum 2 years full-cycle Recruitment experience a must.
- Excellent people management, communication, interpersonal, and customer service skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products, and knowledge of Workday (HRIS Program) and KRONOS (timekeeper) a definite asset.
- Strong organizational, time management and prioritization skills with the ability to juggle demands and meet deadlines.
- Must maintain a high level of confidentially
- Must be detailed oriented and have the ability to multi-task