compensation: Market Rate Depending On Experience employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
We want you as our new Quality Assurance Technologist IF you are a highly motivated, experienced individual with a passion for nutrition along with a commitment to delivering results on time! Fit Foods™ is the maker of the Pure Vita Labs™ (PVL™), Mutant®, North Coast Naturals™ and Whey Gourmet® powders and supplements. Due to our continuing global growth and our vision to be amongst the very BEST active nutrition supplement companies in the world, we have several career opportunities for dedicated stars who strive to deliver and improve!
This position is responsible for close monitoring of the manufacturing process, document control, project coordination, and release activities associated with incoming raw materials, intermediate components and finished goods. The incumbent ensures compliance to current GMPs, and is responsible for interpreting and implementing all relevant food industry regulations. The Incumbent will report directly to the Quality Assurance Manager.
• Assist in development and organization of written SOPs and in-house quality programs
• Monitor and verify routinely all aspects of production; takes corrective actions when necessary
• Review labels and raw material documentation prior to their release into inventory
• Ensure compliance with all specific regulatory requirements (Food, NHP, and Dairy), Health & Safety, and company policies. Maintain current files on all Food, Natural Health Products, and export regulations
• Ensure compliance with all aspects of HACCP program and GMPs: sanitation, pest control, sampling, microbiological and chemical food safety, hygiene, product specification, in-house SOP's
• Troubleshoot QC issues that deal with production and blending using defined processes as well as brainstorm with the team, providing suggestions for solutions that contain the appropriate levels of risk
• Perform tasks assigned by QA Manager in relation to: product research, program set-up, process capability studies, product and system audits
• Ensure accurate recording of all test data, evaluate findings, and review reports
• Report process deviations and product failures, assist in investigations and development of solutions
• Participate & provide input for QC team's discussions, come up with viable solutions to immediate and long term challenges to improve the process and its controls
• Assists the Quality Assurance Manager in developing and improving quality system procedures as required. Perform testing, data generation, and data analysis as necessary, through the use & knowledge of statistical problem solving techniques
• Work on stability studies and perform micro testing
• Conduct relevant physical and sensory testing on ingredients, raw materials, and finished product
• Conduct in-process quality control checks, sampling, monitoring , and finished product inspection as required
• Evaluate co-packed finished product to ensure conformance to standards and specifications
• May assist with research and development of new products
• Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
• Must have completed successfully BCIT Food Technology Diploma or Life Science designation
• Prior 2-5 years' experience working in a Food Manufacturing environment will be given priority consideration
• Must have no allergies to dairy, whey, nuts, or dust the position involves taste testing products
• Must have previous experience with CFIA and NHP regulations; must be HACCP-proficient
• Proven ability to plan and coordinate complex technical operations
• Responsible for enforcing general plant rules, GMP's, and health and safety policies within the plant
• Strongly organized analytical thinker with ability to maintain keen attention to detail
• Capable of preparing reports and offering product/method recommendations
• Mathematical and/or scientific skills
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal), with the let's-get-it-done attitude
• Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office, nutrient database, statistical software
• Adaptable to new technologies and open to upgrading skills through training
If you think you have these qualifications and drive (aptitude and attitude) and would enjoy working in our upbeat, team-orientated environment then let's connect! Submit your resume via email by July 31, 2018. No phone calls please and only local area candidates please.
Why work for us?
- Good Pay: Full-time work with a fixed shift schedule and a competitive salary package
- Secure: Work for a growing company that's thrived for 22 years, and that's is on trend
- Culture: Multi-cultural work force with a family atmosphere - where ownership is engaged and committed to good values, continuous innovation, and is results focused
- Exceptional Benefits: 100% company paid employee family benefit coverage including - MSP coverage, extended health, prescription, eye glass, dental benefits, education benefits, professional development growth opportunities, paid sick leave, and other related coverage
- Extra Benefits & perks: Solid $$ allowances for use of our own products & fitness membership incentives
- Growth: We started as a 1-person operation in 1996. We now have 120+ teammates! That trend continues!
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers