compensation: Market Rate $15 To Start employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
We want you as our new Production Worker for the fixed afternoon shift IF you are a highly motivated, experienced individual with a passion for nutrition along with a commitment to delivering results on time! Fit Foods™ is the maker of the Pure Vita Labs™ (PVL™), Mutant®, North Coast Naturals™ and Whey Gourmet® powders and supplements. Due to our continuing global growth and our vision to be amongst the very BEST active nutrition supplement companies in the world, we have several career opportunities for dedicated stars who strive to deliver and improve!
The worker will work with machines & pack the product into containers for shipment, load/unload pallets, and maintain daily quotas & QC product standards. This position reports directly to the Line Leaders, Production Supervisor, and/or Production Manager.
• Responsible for general duties involving physical handling of product, materials, and supplies
• Follow the required company SOP's, GMP's, and Health and Safety Standards
• Prepare the packaging line for operation by filing the equipment with product, bottles, lids, labels, etc.
• Ensure accuracy of all production data including dates, labels, and packaging
• Effective running of all relevant equipment & reporting any equipment defects to the Supervisor
• Ensure the product being packed is in the right proper container, tray, bag, box, and to ensure standards are followed when weighing product
• Ensure all production materials are available, set up machinery, change equipment, operate & monitor equipment, and replenish materials as needed
• Determine and report equipment malfunctions to appropriate parties
• Maintain cleanliness & sanitation of equipment and assigned area
• Cross training to rotate through various positions on the line
• Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
• Those with prior experience preferably in a food manufacturing environment will be preferred
• GMP, Food Safety Certificate, WHMIS, or similar regulatory experience will be preferred but not necessary as we will train
• Must have CSA approved safety boots and be able to do repetitive work
• Must be able to stand for entire shift & no lifting restrictions; frequent lifting of up to 45 lbs. Should not have any allergies to dairy, whey, or nut products
• Those with a current Forklift Certification will be preferred (narrow aisle & long reach) to be eligible for other warehouse or blending positions
• Must be able to understand and communicate in the English language (both written and verbal) & do basic math skills
• Must be able to follow instruction, work in cooperation with others, & must be attentive to detail to ensure accuracy of work assignments. Must be able to keep up the pace with others on the line
If you think you have these qualifications and drive (aptitude and attitude) and would enjoy working in our upbeat, team-orientated environment then let's connect! Submit your resume via email by July 31, 2018. No phone calls please and only local area candidates please.
Why work for us?
- Good Pay: Full-time work with a fixed shift schedule and a competitive salary package
- Secure: Work for a growing company that's thrived for 22 years, and that's is on trend
- Culture: Multi-cultural work force with a family atmosphere - where ownership is engaged and committed to good values, continuous innovation, and is results focused
- Exceptional Benefits: 100% company paid employee family benefit coverage including - MSP coverage, extended health, prescription, eye glass, dental benefits, education benefits, professional development growth opportunities, paid sick leave, and other related coverage
- Extra Benefits & perks: Solid $$ allowances for use of our own products & fitness membership incentives
- Growth: We started as a 1-person operation in 1996. We now have 120+ teammates! That trend continues!
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers