compensation: Competitive salary and full benefit coverage employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
GFR Pharma is a privately held manufacturer of natural health products. As a proudly Canadian company located in Coquitlam B.C., we are committed to manufacturing high-quality supplements for our customers. We are currently seeking to hire a Health & Safety Officer.
Main Responsibilities will include (but not limited to):
• Provide advice and guidance to all levels of management in OH&S matters and staff support to achieve a safe and healthy workplace.
• Develop policies, procedures and safety management systems to ensure regulatory compliance and implement best practices for prevention.
• Develop and implement safety systems and risk management plans that address hazards in the workplace.
• Coordinate education and training for all employees in OH&S systems, legislative and regulatory requirements and safe working practices.
• Ensure accident/incident investigations are initiated and completed; supplying Supervisor support as required.
• WCB claims management, investigations and return to work programs.
• WHMIS training to all levels of staff and MSDS administration.
• Lead the Health & Safety Committee; coordinate workplace inspections, record meetings minutes, resolve issues in a timely and effective manner, and post approved minutes.
• Coordinate PPE, FIT testing and annual hearing testing for required employees.
• Ensure that all employees receive orientation and training in safety policies, safe work procedures and work practices.
• Proven experience as Health & Safety Officer.
• In depth knowledge of legislation (e.g. OSHA/Work Safe) and procedures.
• Knowledge of potentially hazardous materials or practices.
• Experience in writing reports and policies for health and safety.
• Familiarity with conducting data analysis and reporting statistics.
• Proficient in MS Office.
• Outstanding organizational skills.
• Diligent with great attention to detail.
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to present and explain health and safety topics.
• BSc/BA in safety management, engineering or relevant field is preferred.
• Certificate in occupational health and safety.
• Manufacturing experience will be considered an asset.
We value our employees and provide a respectful, safe and supportive work environment! Along with competitive wages, we offer a fully paid comprehensive benefit package.
Qualified candidates are asked to submit a resume and cover letter. Only the candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in GFR Pharma Ltd!
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers