favorite this postGraphic/Industrial Designer (North Vancouver)hide this posting
compensation: Competitive & Dependant on Experience employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
If you are a person who loves to take a concept, figure out how it is going to be put together and want to make things that are visually impactful, we have the perfect career opportunity for you.
Our growing company is currently seeking to add a Designer to our team as you will complement our core strengths and businesses going forward. Our company has been in business for over 30 years producing high quality architectural signage and visual display systems from our North Vancouver facility. If you are passionate about taking concepts and designs and turning them into plans for manufacturing, execution, assembly and installations, we would love to have you join our talented team.
You will review and understand the designs and concepts in order to provide a set of detailed plans or drawings for internal and external stakeholders. By working with our Account Managers, Project Managers, Production Manager, Estimators and manufacturing staff, you will drive the project from a technical design angle to ensure our customers are going to be totally satisfied with your outcome.
You will be working with other Designers, a Senior Designer and be responsible for:
• Reviewing all concepts, designs, project requirements, etc. and compare them to technical specifications, customer requirements, bylaws, etc.
• Work closely with Project Management, Production and Installation to create the best technical design which will include hardware, processes, material specifications, installation methods, etc.
• Create, prepares, and updates semi-complex design layouts and schematic drawings for signage and other related products
• Participates in determining specifications necessary for layouts and drawings including maintaining current industry practices, bylaws and any client specific requirements
• Participates in the review of final product delivery and the creation of supporting document for product maintenance or warranty coverage
• Effectively identifying problems as they occur and taking appropriate steps to solve them
You are able to bring:
• Must be highly proficient with computers and software such as Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Suite, CorelDraw, etc. - AutoCAD, SolidWorks or other CAD would be assets
• Working knowledge of drafting standards, operations, methods, and practice
• Ability to read & interpret architectural drawings and customer sketches
• Custom Signage, Construction or Architectural drafting and design experience preferred
• Signage or other general fabrication experience an asset
• Willingness to learn continuously and adapt to changes
• Must have a positive attitude, strong work ethic and the ability to work as part of a team with little oversight and direction
• Must be self-motivated, detailed-oriented, and works well under pressure with tight deadlines from project start and finish
• Must have strong communication skills and the ability to effectively interface with clients and peers
We offer a pleasant and bright working environment and benefits package.
Candidates who are interested in applying for this position must submit a résumé, cover letter and portfolio showing examples of your previous work. No phone calls please.
Only candidates who are short listed will be contacted.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers