We are looking for an enthusiastic and energetic individual to join our team as a teacher's assistant at our center. Seymour Heights Play-Based Programs has been an integral part of the community since 1957 with over 25 years at its current location. It has always been and will always be a place for families to come together, to bond over shared values and be a part of their child's education. SHPBP is about more than early childhood education. It is about nurturing and deepening our relationship with our children and the families in our neighbourhood. We offer outstanding learning opportunities based on the Learning Through Play philosophy. We believe that children learn best when they are free to explore their environment through play.
Term: August 1st, willing to accommodate to a September 4th start date for the right candidate; This is a permanent full time position.
Hours of work: 40 hours per week Monday to Friday.
Salary: TBD based on experience and education.
Qualifications - The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and qualifications:
● ECE Certificate: Assistant's License (Required) or full License to Practise
● Current CPR and First Aid Certificates (Required)
● Experience in a Play-Based program as asset but not required.
Duties and responsibilities:
• Assist the Teacher(s) throughout the day in a classroom of children aged 3-5.
• Work within a team to offer learning opportunities and support the philosophy of the school (Learning Through Play)
• Read and adhere to the Employer's philosophies and polices, as set out in the Employer's Parent Manual and Policies
• Attend one meeting per month (alternating staff and general parent)
● Observe professional standards of conduct and confidentiality.
● Undergo a criminal record check before commencing duties and shall inform the Board and Teacher Supervisor of any changes in status.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers