compensation: Wage after training $14/hr employment type: part-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Who is our ideal candidate?
You are a trustworthy and fit person who loves being outdoors and doesn't mind getting dirty. Even in our unpredictable Vancouver weather, you're thrilled to head out for a 3-4 hour hike. You're responsible, confident, eager to learn, very observant and have a great eye for photography.
Who are we?
We provide dogs a full day adventure in the wild that gives them (and the pack leader) all the exercise and socializing they need while safely connecting with their natural instincts. We also make sure to share all the fun with the dog owners, so every hike is well documented with beautiful photos that catch the essence of the pups enjoying themselves.
We are looking to fill a semi-full time position 4 days per week. Salary during training $12/hr, regular salary $14/hr. Vehicle and all equipment provided.
- 10+years of immaculate experience driving STANDARD transmission pick up truck with a valid driver's license.
- Confidence handling dogs of any size or breed.
- Own a smartphone with data.
- Ability to lift 60 lbs.
- Eligible to legally work in Canada.
- Spotless criminal record check.
- Be bondable.
- Extra brownie points if you have experience with
* an off-leash pack of dogs
* DSLR camera and Photoshop Lightroom
* Canine first aid certification
What are the actual duties to be performed by the successful candidate?
- Pick up the dogs from the owners home or workplace starting at 9 AM from Vancouver/Burnaby border.
- Hike with the pack for 3+ hrs (an average of 7-11 kms) on beautiful, steep and winding trails, rain or shine.
- Ensure that every dog is having a great time.
- Take 100+ photos every day with a DSLR camera
- Drive the dogs back to their homes - last drop off around 5 PM, but should anything go wrong, be willing and able to stay on duty until all the pups are home safe.
- It's a great job, but dogs are dogs - you may need to tidy them up and cleanup a little pooch poop & puke.
- Enjoy nature Monday through Friday all year round, except stat holidays!
How to apply?
-Visit boneheads.ca and fill out application
-Start date ASAP
-References and criminal record check will be requested before training
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers